ASTM A192 Specification for Seamless Carbon Steel Boiler Tubes for High-Pressure Service
ASTM A192 —– American Society for Testing Materials standard
ASME SA192 —- American Society of Mechanical Engineers standards
This guide covers standard specifications for minimum-wall-thickness, seamless carbon steel boiler and superheater tubes for high-pressure service. The steel shall conform to the required chemical composition for carbon, manganese, phosphorus, sulfur, and silicon. The tubes shall have a hardness number not exceeding a specific value. The following mechanical tests shall be conducted, namely: flattening test; flaring test; hardness test; and hydrostatic test.
CHEMICAL COMPOSITIONS(%) OF ASTM A192
MECHANICAL PROPERTIES OF ASTM A192
|Yield Strength (Mpa)||Tensile Strength (Mpa)||Elongation (%)|
This abstract is a brief summary of the referenced standard. It is informational only and not an official part of the standard; the full text of the standard itself must be referred to for its use and application. ASTM does not give any warranty express or implied or make any representation that the contents of this abstract are accurate, complete or up to date.
- This specification covers minimum-wall-thickness, seamless carbon steel boiler and superheater tubes for high-pressure service.
- The tubing sizes and thicknesses usually furnished to this specification are ½ in. to 7 in. [12.7 to 177.8 mm] outside diameter and 0.085 to 1.000 in. [2.2 to 25.4 mm], inclusive, in minimum wall thickness. Tubing having other dimensions may be furnished, provided such tubes comply with all other requirements of this specification.
- Mechanical property requirements do not apply to tubing smaller than 1/8 in. [3.2 mm] inside diameter or 0.015 in. [0.4 mm] thickness.
- The values stated in either inch-pound units or SI units are to be regarded separately as standard. Within the text, the SI units are shown in brackets. The values stated in each system are not exact equivalents; therefore, each system must be used independently of the other. Combining values from the two systems may result in nonconformance with the specification. The inch-pound units shall apply unless the “M” designation of this specification is specified in the order.
- Mill test certificates will be issued according to EN10204.3
- All tubes shall be supplied as per applicable ASTM Specification.
- The tubes Shall be Seamless and the testing shall be as per A 450 / A450M.
Application: apply to the heat exchangers, condensers and heat transfer equipment and similar pipe.
- Pipes are supplied with marking according to standard and customer request.
- Marking is paint on the ends of pipes.
- The same data, as well as additional information per customer’s request, is indicated on the bundle’s tags.
- Pipes are supplied in hexagonal bundles or round bundles tied with steel strip.
- Weight of bundle – up to 5000 kg upon request of customer.
- Each bundle is furnished with three tags.